About Mac Information
Mac Information is run by Dr. Simon Spence, who has been working with Apple products since 1990. Simon provides advice, teaching and technical support to individuals and small businesses.
His background is in research, originally in Archaeology and Classics, where computers are used for databases, scanning and many other multimedia tasks. Simon ran computer networks in UCD and later in businesses in Dublin. He taught and lectured in Dublin and Nottingham, and completed a doctorate in Greek myth and art [Click here for book details, or click here to download onto your iPad from the iBookstore].
He also works in corporate branding and has been working with companies such as Vodafone, Toyota, Nokia and Intel on brand identity and cultural trends.
The Mac Information approach is to educate using a friendly service without unnecessary technical jargon. Using Apple products should be intuitive and hassle free, and so Mac Information aims to give practical solutions. We work on a one-to-one basis, sitting down with the client and taking them through how to get the most our of their Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod. Our service is aimed at educating the user to run their own setup, and not to be dependent on techies!
Whether you are a company using Mac equipment or are considering the advantages of Apple products, why not find out more information by sending us an email.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) & Service
Do Mac Information sell hardware or software products?
No, Mac Information advises consumers on how to get the best out of the Macintosh equipment, iPods and iPhones and to solve problems. By not selling equipment we feel that we can offer independent advice. We do however offer links on the site to Apple and Amazon.
Does Mac Information only operate in Dublin, Ireland?
It depends. We offer support to clients abroad such as in the US. However our callout service is designed to operate in Dublin as well as parts of Kildare and North Wicklow. If you are looking for help from further afield, do drop us an e-mail and ask.
What is the difference between your service and other Mac services in Ireland?
Mac Information aims to offer friendly and helpful advice, free from the usual jargon. We also specialise in educating individuals and small business. Many of our clients have received poor service from other providers, as they are too small or their budgets weren't what the larger organisations were looking for. Mac Information is here to help people, including those who have experienced poor service as a Mac customer in Ireland, and there are many out there....
On what basis does your service operate?
We generally provide three types of service:
- Callout and assistance: we call out to you and help with a specific issue, such as installing applications and then giving you help on getting up and running on using your Mac software. This is charged at a callout fee, plus time spent with you.
- Maintenance: if you think you will need regular assistance and advice, we offer cover where you can email or phone with queries. This is the most popular type of work we do. It gives our customers peace of mind to have someone there to help. Of course we also offer the callout service for more serious issues.
- Project Work: this is normally on websites and video editing. We work with a number of businesses, editing videos for presentations and updating or creating their websites.
Here are a few of the websites we have worked on with clients in recent months:
- Hatton Woodcraft: Vincent Hatton is a woodcraft designer in Ashford, Co. Wicklow- www.hattonwoodcraft.com
- Bradley Brand: brand consultants in Sandyford, Dublin- www.bradleybrand.ie
- Bruce Arnold: writer and journalist, the Chief Critic of the Irish Independent, writing about art, theatre, music and politics- www.brucearnold.ie
- Kingpin: Vehicle appearance and paint correction specialist- www.kingpin.ie
- Mercator Marketing Research: qualitative market research company in Dublin- www.mercator.ie
- Patricia Jorgensen Studio: botanical painting and textile design, specialising in the watercolour painting of plants and gardens- www.patriciajorgensenstudio.com
- Animal Hospital Kilcoole: Animal and Pet Hospital serving the Wicklow- www.kilcoolevets.ie
You can email us at this address, or phone us on 01 2768884 [please note you may not reach us immediately as we may be with clients].
Our opening hours are Mon-Fri 10am to 6pm.